Fourth National Research Platform (4NRP)
February 8-10, 2023 at UC San Diego
Tom DeFanti, General Workshop Chair
Frank Wuerthwein, Program Chair
Susan Rathburn, Local Arrangements
- Maxine Brown (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- James Deaton (Great Plains Network)
- Marla Meehl (UCAR)
- Lauren Michael (Internet2)
- Subha Sivagnanam (SDSC)
February 8-10, 2023
1. Wednesday afternoon 2:00 to 5:30 at SDSC–3 parallel demo sessions for network operations techs, research IT training cyber professionals, and interested users of NRP/Nautilus/Kubernetes and JupyterLab.
2. Wednesday evening 6:00-9:00–spectacular gala gathering at the Birch Aquarium to celebrate the transition from the Pacific Research Platform to the National Research Platform and honor Larry Smarr’s decades at UC San Diego. Louis Fox of CENIC will emcee the brief program in the Birch Aquarium where the 30,000 sqft. of exhibits will be reserved for this event’s participants. Birch Aquarium WIKI.
3. Thursday daytime 8:00-5:00 at Atkinson Hall Qualcomm Institute (QI)–NRP–the next 10 years: tech, policy, national and global outreach.
4. Friday daytime 8:00-noon at Atkinson Hall/SDSC: Breakouts, community crafting and scribing of 10-year goals.
5. Friday afternoon at Atkinson Hall/SDSC: Optional tours of SDSC, SunCAVE, and other QI facilities (by signup). 4NRP is supported by Participant Support Funds in NSF #1826967: CC* NPEO: Towards a National Research Platform, workshop fees, and UC San Diego.
Registration and accommodations details will be posted on the National Research Platform site (nationalresearchplatform.org) as soon as they are finalized. Save the date!